At New York’s Climate Week, a “Climate Science Fair” Cultivates Optimism and Future-Forward Thinking
Organized by Emerson Collective, the fair features presentations and demos by leaders across sustainable agriculture, clean energy, textile recycling, and more.
Emily Jiang September 22, 2023
7 minute read
Dr. Gary Cooper, founder of the re-commerce company Rheaply, speaking at the fair. (Courtesy Emerson Collective)
- In-depth stories that immerse you in art, design, food, technology, and beyond
- Interviews with creative leaders you know—or should
- Carefully curated recommendations for books, objects, and ephemera
- Weekly email updates that are actually interesting
- Exclusive invitations to live events
- Conversation fodder for your Saturday night dinner party
Candid, revealing portraits of curious and courageous people who have a distinct perspective on time. Host Spencer Bailey interviews leading minds about their life and work through the lens of time—how they think about time broadly and how specific moments in time have shaped who they are today.
A podcast about the bigger picture. Host Spencer Bailey calls on leading minds, from scientists and technologists to artists and climate activists, to zoom out and look at some of the planet’s most pressing issues from a whole-earth, long-view perspective.