Nine Timeless Gifts for the 2023 Holiday Season
From Eleven Madison Park playing cards to Gohar World’s Egg Chandelier, nine gift ideas that will stand the test of time.
Emily Jiang and Spencer Bailey December 8, 2023
6 minute read
Clockwise from bottom left: Gohar World Egg Chandelier, Mini; Salvatori Ellipse Mortar and Pestle; Sohn Foot Pillow; Theory11 x Eleven Madison Park Limited-Edition Playing Cards; “Not Too Late”; “Philip Glass Piano Etudes”; Molteni & C Porta Volta Chair; Tom Dixon Tank Wine Set; Haws x Gardenheir watering cans.
- In-depth stories that immerse you in art, design, food, technology, and beyond
- Interviews with creative leaders you know—or should
- Carefully curated recommendations for books, objects, and ephemera
- Weekly email updates that are actually interesting
- Exclusive invitations to live events
- Conversation fodder for your Saturday night dinner party
Candid, revealing portraits of curious and courageous people who have a distinct perspective on time. Host Spencer Bailey interviews leading minds about their life and work through the lens of time—how they think about time broadly and how specific moments in time have shaped who they are today.
A podcast about the bigger picture. Host Spencer Bailey calls on leading minds, from scientists and technologists to artists and climate activists, to zoom out and look at some of the planet’s most pressing issues from a whole-earth, long-view perspective.